( RNAAT 325/2021 )
The best surf lessons
Never surfed at a surf school before? A beginner surfer or already have some experience? Then attention, cause our surfing lessons attend the needs of all kind of surfers, from the first-timers to the more experienced ones! So next time you’re searching for the best surfing lessons at a good surf school in Portugal, a surf trip to the best surf spots in Portugal or planning your next surf vacations towards, make sure to contact us!
Why choose us as your dedicated surf school?
Basically, because we prefer doing it on small and simple!
- small groups, with an maximum teacher-student ratio of 1-4 or 1-5 depending on the surfing level (without mixing groups with different surfing skills);
- theoretical support besides the water practise;
- additional fitness training tips, according to each surfer performance and surfing needs;
- no fixed schedules or timetables for surfing (see why under the tab surf lesson lenght);
- and 1h30 minutes of water practise (see why under the tab “surf lesson lenght).
Why don’t you offer 3 hour lessons like most of the surf camps in Portugal?
Firstly our studies, coaching and surfing experience taught us that the more unexperienced a surfer is the more his body will get tired after a surf session. Common sense, right?! We believe that long or multiple sessions a day, especially on the first days, would cause more damage to a surfer than benefits, resulting in extreme fatigue, failure and frustration. Therefore, the surfer simply would need to take a few days off in order to regain his power.
So that’s why…
- all surf lessons take 1h30 minutes
- our standard weekly surf packs include 5 lessons (one day off from the ”teaching pressure“ and enjoy some yoga to get your power back, or even go for a short free surfing session).
Are we like a “normal” surf school?!
No. Even though in terms of duration some surf school lessons also last the same, we…
- always do it in small groups and according to each surfer skills
- schedule lessons according to the conditions that each group of surfers need. Harder for us to prepare things in advance, better for the surfers!
… and this makes a huge difference!
Which surfspots we go with our surf school?
Easy… where the best surfing conditions are, according to your needs and where you’re located- in our Espinho or Esmoriz surfcamp.
Our coastline offers a bunch of nice surfspots, pointbreaks and beachbreaks, that offers surfing conditions suitable to every surfer. Additionally when you’re taking surf lessons with us, single lessons or included in a surf pack, you can join us in our surf limo and take a ride to the beach.
When you’re a free non guest day surfer you can also join us by taking a surf transfer. And if you rather rent a surfboard, surf by yourself and not driving around with a car, then probably staying in our surf house in Espinho would be the best choice as you have some of the best surf spots in Portugal right at your doorstep.
On the other hand, If you’re a free surfer and keeping some distance from the crowds is your thing, our Esmoriz surf camp is exactly what you need. Furthermore as a bonus, you can also find some surf spots close to the house on walking distance. A tip though, because the surf conditions are less consistent, maybe renting a car would make sense. The area offers lots of surfing spots and having a car gives you the freedom to surf the spot that is really pumping. And driving there will only take you a couple of minutes.
Have a look at our surf packs and choose one that fits your needs and interests.
- surfing photos/videos for keeping the great memories intact all year round;
- individual surfing analysis (available on the Weekly Surf Pro package);
- surf lesson every day (available on the Weekly Surf Pro package)
Not a guest at our surf camp?
Come along with us to the beach for a surf anyway! Just contact us, write down “surf lessons” as the subject. Furthermore, add your experience, age, number of lessons that you would like to have or any other question!
Give us a call if you have any questions
(+351) 938 406 994 / 966 414 169