An authentic Surf Holidays at Watermark Surf House
Why choosing Watermark Surf House
About our Surf House and the surroundings
Our Surf House in Espinho was recently renewed. It’s the perfect vacation location for surf, lounge and relaxing. The house offers 5 comfortable and custom made rooms, one nice common use kitchen, a dining room and lounge areas, so that everyone can feel home all year round. Outside, a friendly terrace gives the perfect vibe for reviewing your every day surfing experiences.
Hang out on our Espinho beach and socialize with friends in a cozy affordable place at the west coast of Portugal and enjoy everything our surf house has to offer.
Our Beach Apartments are ideal for Groups
Have a look at our newest accommodation. 2 Fully equipped flats, modern, bright and spacious at only 2 minute distance of the ocean. Get changed on your own terrace before and after, cause yes, it’s that close!. Its the ideal base for groups of friends or family, who wish for some more space & privacy and yet be close to everything.
Want to join and meet up with your newly made friends at our Surf House? Sure, its only 3 minutes away. You will find that endless summer feeling with us in a comfortable place, close to everything that makes your holiday unforgettable.
What else do We offer for an enjoyable stay?
Watermark is more than surfing alone, we like to offer you the full “Endless Summer Experience” with several other services and experiences. We know the area of Espinho very well and will share our local knowledge and facilities to help you make the most out of your stay with us.
You can also make use of our additional services we offer: surfing lessons, massage, yoga, airport transfers and rentals. Dont be shy, make requests, we will see what we can do to make it happen!
Surfing Porto area and then what?
You have been at it all day, surfing Porto, discovering all the great beaches and waves in the area. At sunset, sharing your best wave sessions and surfing wipeouts stories at the table, while enjoying some local food and wine with (new) friends. Talk and spend time together to build some nice memories.
Porto is only 20 minutes away by train with the train station just 200 meters away from where you will be staying. A great option for combining a beach & surf vacation with exploring a unique city. Nice spots for memorable moments are everywhere in Porto and you can just discover them yourself or simply ask your favourite Porto surf mates: Us
Espinho, 30 meters from the best surfing
If you ever dreamed about waking up in front off a beach without hassle that’s just seconds away from surfing some great waves, well… our Espinho surf camp experience can make your dreams come true! Two steps away from our surf house, the queen of surf spots in the north of Portugal is located: the Bay spot!
Espinho’s waves offer top conditions from beginners to advanced surfers. Beach breaks and point breaks that hit on the sand. Natural authentic surf spots, Far less crowded then you know from places like Peniche, Ericeira or Algarve.
What more you might want to know
HOW TO GET TO OUR SURF HOUSE IN ESPINHO?
Coming by plane to the Francisco Sá Carneiro airport in Porto (OPO):
- take the metro to Campanhã station, Porto. You should buy the Andante (metro and train card) and charge it with a ticket, which you can do in the airport metro station. 30 minutes ride approx...
- leave the metro in Campanhã station (Oporto) and go to the train spot, which is right over there. Then take the train heading to Espinho (Aveiro line). Use the same card you got from the airport's metro. 20 minutes journey approx.
- Go left when leaving Espinho station, by the 8th street. 1 minute after, the 29th street will cross with the 8th. Turn right and 30 seconds after at your right you'll find us
WHAT TO DO IN ESPINHO BESIDES SURFING
When you're done surfing Espinho's waves you can then take a walk, surf skate and pushing your surfing skills a bit more, swim, fish, golf, go jogging or discover:
- The beautiful coastline and explore it along the sidewalk;
- Shopping places, such as groceries, supermarkets and local shops, but also the local market, which is a unique experience for all your senses (opens Mondays)
- Live performance rooms, bars and restaurants and a Casino. Just remember we know where the best local food is served and we'll be happy to share that!
- The city agenda, which is busy and covers different type of events, especially during Summer. You can ask your favorite surfing teachers about it when you're around.
- The local Golf course;
- Espinho Surf beaches are great to explore, but maybe you would like to explore some more in Portugal! The underground train station is 200 meters far from our surf house. You can go to any city in Portugal from there. One minute you're surfing and 20 minutes after you're in Porto's centre. Easy peasy!
- At the end of the day, remember you can simply come home, prepare a home-cook meal in our kitchen, grab a drink and socialize with the surfing family in the comfort of our place.
Any Questions? Check our FAQ label or contact us.
WE RECOMMEND: WHERE TO EAT & OTHER USEFUL TIPS
Nothing better that a good breakfast before hitting the waves, or a tasty meal after surfing. A lovely dinner with friends, while sharing your surf experiences in a warm amazing ambiance. We are happy to share our local knowledge with you and provide you some nice recommendations below.
Places to eat?
|What||Type/ Vibe||Specialities||Where||Walking from Watermark Surf House||Walking from Watermark Beach Apartments|
|Cantinho da Ramboia||Traditional restaurant||Grilled fish & meat
*special tip: try the grilled squids & seafood rice
|Avenida 8, 1124||5 min||7 min|
|Papagaio||Traditional restaurant||Grilled fish & meat||Rua 41, 99||8 min||10 min|
|Crystal||Traditional buffet||Rua 8, 463||7 min||5 min|
|Ragazzo||Pizzeria & lounge||Pizza||Rua 14, 593||10 min||8 min|
|Hora H||Portuguese burgers||Burgers||Rua 6 709||2 min||1 min|
|Nada Convencional||Lunch & Brunch||Snacks / brunch||Rua 23 794||11 min||9 min|
|Bistrô 23||Lunch & lounge||Tapas, burgers, bowls & veggie||Rua 23, 239||5 min||3 min|
|Terra Viva||Familiar restaurant||Veggie/ vegan||Rua 28, 715||11 min||1 min|
|Aipal||Bakery& Chill||Breakfast & day snacks||Rua 23, 53||3 min||1 min|
Shop or Laundry?
|Name||Type / vibe||Adress||Walking from Watermark Surf House||Walking from Watermark Beach Apartments|
|Pingo Doce||Supermarket||Rua 21, 196||6 min||4 min|
|Local market||Mondays only (morning& afternoon)||Rua 31/ Rua 22||10 min||10 min|
|Speed Queen||Self-service laundry||Rua 21, 194||7 min||5 min|
Where to party?
|Name||Type / vibe||Adress||Walking from Watermark Surf house||Walking from Watermark Beach Apartments|
|Doo Bop||Beach bar||Rua 2, 627||7 min||5 min|
|Eleven’s||Bar & cafe||Rua 19, 635||7 min||7 min|
|Casino||Rua 19, 85||7 min||5 min|
What people are saying
It’s a cozy place to stay and discover the endless opportunity of potential waves. The hosts Rui & Ricardo are friendly, warmhearted and competent guys. Since I’m an intermediate surfer, they did a really good job helping me enhance my surfing...
Best surfcamp I've ever been to! I've been to many surfcamps before, but this is by far the best camp so far!!! Ricardo and Rui are two passionate surfers and teachers who really enjoy hoating their guests.
Great surf holidays. Went surfing with friends for a week, we had an amazing stay! Very cozy and cute surf house featuring a great backyard for yoga and BBQs. We got what we wished for.
Sleep, surf, relax, repeat. A friend and I just spent a week at the house and we had a really good time. We booked the accomodation & surf package and Ricardo made sure we had everything we needed.